Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wet Patch


I left the Spitfire out in the rainy weather today in the safe knowledge the new hardtop would keep her safe and warm! unfortunately that was for from the reality when I returned to the car. The front windscreen seal had leaked like a sieve and the water had collected on both of the seats. It wasn't a pleasant ride home with damp trousers. I have posted a question on the TSSC website to see if anyone has any experience of this and if so how to avoid a repeat performance. I have noticed on the Rimmer brothers part list the windscreen seal looks like it is shaped to fit the top of the windscreen were as the seal i have is square section dense foam, which doesn't appear to follow the contours on the windscreen trim. It looks like I may have to order the Rimmer seal to see if that fits better.