Sunday, April 09, 2006

Run out to the Ace cafe

I went along to the ace cafe with the guys from Triumph club eastern this morning. I even managed to persuade my Wife to get up early on a Sunday morning to join me. I decided to take the TR4a as the weather was fine but rather chilly and Melanie (my Wife) doesn't do early mornings and cold weather with the soft top down, and that's the only way to drive the Spitfire. We met up at the services at 9.00 and had a pleasant drive through Epping forest and then onto the north circular round to the Ace cafe. We were joined by a Spitfire 1500 (Jim and Sue), vitesse (Ken and Margaret) and a Ford Capri (Neil and Karen)- I hope I got all the names right. Once at the cafe we met several other members of the club who made their own way. The Ace cafe is a great venue for any car or bike enthusiast, the decoration is just as you would imagine it would have been in the 60's, and the breakfast was spot on. There were plenty of Bikes parked up in front of the cafe ranging from an early Royal Enfield right upto 2.3ltr Triumph Rocket 3's. There were also a few interesting cars, including Ford mustang, MGA and ours of course. Well after an enjoyable time in the Ace we all went our separate ways home. We headed off to do some looking around the garden centres at Crew's hill on the A10 and on our way followed a very nice Mk2 GT6 for a part of the journey. All in all another good day out and all down to owning a Triumph car.

No comments: