Thursday, April 27, 2006

TR4A Brakes

The seal kit came today to for the rear wheel brake cylinders so after work it was off with the rear wheels to change the seals. The drivers side brake drum was pretty wet with brake fluid where the seals had been leaking and the brake shoes have had a bit of a soaking, I think I will order a new set of brake shoes to be on the safe side. There were no dramas in changing the seals, I had my usual fight with the brake shoes to get the springs back on but it wouldn't be any fun without that. I gave the suspension and handbrake mechanism a good clean up while I had the wheels off. I found a great degreaser in a local pound shop called Astonish engine degreaser, what ever this stuff is made from it shifts dirt and grease with no problems, I hate it when my wife is right she said you can get good bargains in pound shops personally I hate them, but on this occasion she was spot on.


These brakes are a bit damp!!

No comments: