Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday drive

Got up really early this morning so I could take the TR4A out for a test run, after fitting the new ignition parts yesterday. It was a lovely sunny morning so I decided to go along to a boot fair. Its about a 10 mile run so a perfect drive to blow the cobwebs away. It was top down and wind in the hair time. It makes me smile from ear to ear every time I drive the TR. I stopped along the way to tweak the ignition timing on the vacuum advance unit. The car was slightly hesitant pulling away from low revs. A couple of degrees of adjustment made all the differance. When I got home my better half was still in bed so I took the oppertunity to take the spitfire out. What a difference between the 2 cars, the spitfire is so much lighter and really sticks to the road. When I had the car resprayed recently I had a reconditioned Differential fitted from a mark 4 spitfire. It seems to have had little effect on the acceleration but the revs are definatly lower when cruising at 70mph. I love this car and I had an even bigger smile than when driving the TR. As they say though all good things have to come to an end so it was back home to carry on with decorating the lounge. Still at least I had a big grin on my face whilst painting the skirting board.

No comments: