Monday, April 10, 2006

TR4A radiator cowl

Today I Fitted a new radiator cowl I bought off ebay. The old cowl was looking a bit tatty so I swapped it for a metal replacement with TR4A laser cut into the top. It was a bit of a job to fit as I had to undo the radiator side supports, let the bottom fixings go, along with removing the thermostat housing and top hose to get enough movement on the Rad to remove the old cowl and fit the new one. As I had the thermostat housing off I fitted a new thermostat, the car had barely been getting warm over the last few weeks. The new cowl picks up on the original mounting holes and uses the same screws. It looks a lot better now. I also took the opportunity to tidy up the wiring along the front edge of the bonnet, I used some spiral wrap to secure the wiring, unfortunately I could only get clear spiral wrap and would have preferred black so I might do it again when I can get the black spiral wrap. I took the car for a spin after fitting all the parts and she warms up to normal temp reading on the gauge now.

Before



After

No comments: